Creation of new employment opportunities in South SerbiaJune 2013 – December 2014 – Ongoing Donor: Caritas Luxembourg, Bujanovac, Vranje Budget: 185.000,00 EUR Duration: June 2013 – December 2014 Region: Republic of Serbia – the Municipality of Bujanovac, the City of Vranje The project is implemented by the organization Help through the office in Bujanovac Description: The project is to support the development and promotion of employment and self-employment as a tool for inclusion of the targeted groups into the active labour force of the country.
Raising the educational level and strengthening the competences of poor and marginalized populations will improve their position in the labour market. Focusing on long-term solutions the income-generation activities have proven to be one of the best suitable tools to enable the vulnerable population to sustain an acceptable standard of living based on their own resources.Expected results:
- Established and supported 62 businesses
- Direct beneficiaries 62 (Bujanovac and Vranje 31 respectively)
- Indirect beneficiaries 248 (average 4 family members)
- At least 30% of supported beneficiaries coming from the Roma community
- The 62 supported have improved start-up businesses related knowledge and skills attending business and vocational trainings
- Improved economic and social position of the supported beneficiaries
- Reduced unemployment and poverty within the target group
The specific objective of the intervention is to support 62 beneficiaries from disadvantaged backgrounds in creation of micro and small enterprises in the Municipality of Bujanovac and the City of Vranje.
Poverty reduction and employment opportunities enhancement of marginalized and vulnerable population groups in SerbiaMay 2013 – December 2016 – Ongoing Donor: German Government, Cities Nis and Smederevo, municipality Pirot Budget: 1.048.936,00 EUR Duration: May 2013 – December 2016 Region: Republic of Serbia – Cities of Nis and Smederevo, Municipality of Pirot
Description: The project focuses on the strong educational and direct economic support to Roma and other vulnerable population groups contributing to sustainable socio-economic development in targeted areas.
The project has a direct impact on increasing social inclusion. Its activities aim to remove the obstacles to raising the educational level and strengthening the competences of poor and marginalized populations which will improve their position in the labor market.Components of the project
- Direct assistance for the development of 9 cooperatives (at least 60 beneficiaries)
- Support to individual entrepreneurs among the representatives of Roma and local vulnerable population (165 direct beneficiaries)
- Labor integration theme workshops and related networking activities (54 events-motivation and awareness raising, employment opportunities, entrepreneurship, networking, study field visits, fairs, etc.)
- Additional professional education and training for unemployed Roma and other vulnerable population groups (611 participants at the trainings)
- On-the- job training / Paid internship (15 beneficiaries)
- Empowerment of Roma and other marginalized population groups through active measures for employment creation and improvement of professional qualifications
- Improved capacities of Roma NGOs through participation in direct implementation of project activities
- Mechanisms and models created and applied for better achievement of economic rights of Roma and other marginalized population
- Raised awareness on education and employment opportunities (increased number of Roma population attending some form of education and businesses established)
- Direct assistance provided for the development of 9 cooperatives (at least 60 beneficiaries)
- 165 Roma and other marginalized persons assisted in developing their businesses
- 54 events/ labor integration theme workshops and related networking activities implemented aiming at motivation and awareness raising, employment opportunities, entrepreneurship, networking, exchanging practices/study field visits, fairs, etc
- 611 members of Roma community and other marginalized population groups enhanced their professional skills, thus became more competitive on the labor market
- 15 trained workers with the increased chances for further employment through paid internship
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the inclusion of marginalized Roma and other socially vulnerable population groups into the social and economic life of the country and reduction of poverty among the targeted groups.
The specific objective is to provide Roma and other vulnerable population groups with improved access to the labor market.
This will be achieved through motivation for active job search, engagement in active labor market measures, establishing strategic partnerships and enhancing employment opportunities for Roma and other vulnerable population groups by encouraging entrepreneurship and development of cooperatives.
Professional training focused on the professions that are needed in the local market will result in improved qualifications, competence and competitiveness of the targeted population segments in the labor market.
Support to local sustainable development through poverty reduction and economic empowermentMarch 2012 – December 2013 – Ongoing Donor: German Government, 15 cities and municipalities of the Republic of Serbia Budget: 1.743.400,00 EUR Duration: March 2012 – December 2013 Region: Republic of Serbia – Bela Palanka, Bujanovac, Kraljevo, Leskovac, Merosina, Nis, Novi Pazar, Pirot, Presevo,Priboj, Prijepolje, Smederevo, Svrljig, Tutin and Vranje
The project is being implemented by Help in partner cooperation with the non-governmental organizations EDEAS from Bujanovac and INTEGRA- Service Centre for Development of Entrepreneurs from Kraljevo.
Description: The programme focuses on the educational and economic support to local development in the South Serbia and Sandzak (the City of Smederevo is included due to the high unemployment rate and the high number of refugees/IDPs). The components of the programme will lead to the direct job creation (at least 500 registered employees) and will improve the clients’ future social, cultural and professional life.Expected results:
- Grants for entrepreneurs (provision of 500 grants)
- Business and vocational trainings (at least 450 business and 375 vocational trainings)
- Development of 4 cooperatives
- Other networking activities (study visits, fair visits/participation and other)
The overall objective of the programme is to contribute to the sustainable development in Serbia with the main focus on the empowerment of the local economic structures in the targeted cities and municipalities.
The specific objective of the intervention – educational and economic support to local development in the South Serbia and Sandzak, direct job creation through in kind grant support, business training, professional/vocational education, development of cooperatives and other networking activities (fairs, study visits etc).