Poverty reduction and employment opportunities enhancement of marginalized and vulnerable population groups in SerbiaMay 2013 – December 2016 – Ongoing Donor: German Government, Cities Nis and Smederevo, municipality Pirot Budget: 1.048.936,00 EUR Duration: May 2013 – December 2016 Region: Republic of Serbia – Cities of Nis and Smederevo, Municipality of Pirot
Description: The project focuses on the strong educational and direct economic support to Roma and other vulnerable population groups contributing to sustainable socio-economic development in targeted areas.
The project has a direct impact on increasing social inclusion. Its activities aim to remove the obstacles to raising the educational level and strengthening the competences of poor and marginalized populations which will improve their position in the labor market.Components of the project
- Direct assistance for the development of 9 cooperatives (at least 60 beneficiaries)
- Support to individual entrepreneurs among the representatives of Roma and local vulnerable population (165 direct beneficiaries)
- Labor integration theme workshops and related networking activities (54 events-motivation and awareness raising, employment opportunities, entrepreneurship, networking, study field visits, fairs, etc.)
- Additional professional education and training for unemployed Roma and other vulnerable population groups (611 participants at the trainings)
- On-the- job training / Paid internship (15 beneficiaries)
- Empowerment of Roma and other marginalized population groups through active measures for employment creation and improvement of professional qualifications
- Improved capacities of Roma NGOs through participation in direct implementation of project activities
- Mechanisms and models created and applied for better achievement of economic rights of Roma and other marginalized population
- Raised awareness on education and employment opportunities (increased number of Roma population attending some form of education and businesses established)
- Direct assistance provided for the development of 9 cooperatives (at least 60 beneficiaries)
- 165 Roma and other marginalized persons assisted in developing their businesses
- 54 events/ labor integration theme workshops and related networking activities implemented aiming at motivation and awareness raising, employment opportunities, entrepreneurship, networking, exchanging practices/study field visits, fairs, etc
- 611 members of Roma community and other marginalized population groups enhanced their professional skills, thus became more competitive on the labor market
- 15 trained workers with the increased chances for further employment through paid internship
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the inclusion of marginalized Roma and other socially vulnerable population groups into the social and economic life of the country and reduction of poverty among the targeted groups.
The specific objective is to provide Roma and other vulnerable population groups with improved access to the labor market.
This will be achieved through motivation for active job search, engagement in active labor market measures, establishing strategic partnerships and enhancing employment opportunities for Roma and other vulnerable population groups by encouraging entrepreneurship and development of cooperatives.
Professional training focused on the professions that are needed in the local market will result in improved qualifications, competence and competitiveness of the targeted population segments in the labor market.>