German organization Help provides the humanitarian assistance responding to the emergency situations.
Since the beginning of its activities back in 1999 Help provided the socially vulnerable population in Serbia with a total of over 15.000 tons of food and nearly 1.000 tons of hygiene items. The most in need – refugees and internally displaced persons, as well as domicile poor, were assisted through the distribution of firewood, coal and heating oil. However, the humanitarian assistance expanded to the emergency situation response, providing flood victims in Secanj and Vlasotince with relief items like food, blankets, water pumps, etc.
Total value of the humanitarian assistance provided so far in Serbia, amounts over 5 million Euro.
2010 – In the action “Solidarity for Kraljevo” with funds donated by the German Government in the amount of 25.000 EUR and German Business Community in Serbia in the amount of 40.910 EUR, reconstruction of damaged houses of the socially vulnerable households in Kraljevo with the construction material and prefabricated houses were provided for
- 2007-2008 – assistance to the flooded area of the Municipality of Vlasotince
- 2006-2007 – food and hygiene articles worth 40 thousand euros distributed the most vulnerable population of Babusnica, Leskovac and Vranje
- 2005-2006 – distribution of firewood to 1450 households in 8 municipalities of Central Serbia
- 2004-2005 – distribution of firewood in Vojvodina and Central Serbia to 4000 families
- 2005 – emergency assistance to the flooded area in Banat
- 2003-2004 – provision of heating oil and coal to the refugees and internally displaced throughout the collective centers during the winter season
- 2003-2004 – firewood distribution to vulnerable refugees, internally displaced persons and social cases in Vojvodina, Sandzak and Kraljevo
- 2002-2003 – distribution of firewood ot vulnerable refugees in Vojvodina for the winter season
- 2002-2003 – distribution of food, hygienic parcels and capacity building institutions
- 2001-2002 – distribution of hygienic parcels and capacity building in institutions
- 2001-2002 – basic food distribution to socially vulnerable pensioners
- 2001-2002 – assistance to gerontology centers in wider Belgrade area