Given the mandate of the organization Help-Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe e.V. its basic principle of assisting people to help themselves, Help is addressing the needs of marginalized population groups and socially vulnerable individuals deprived to the access of the existing economic and social structures.
In the period from 1999 until 2013 Help has implemented over one hundred projects financed by the international donor community having in time local self-governments co-financing developmental projects aimed at poverty reduction and durable housing solutions for refugees, internally displaced and socially vulnerable persons.
The principle of „self-help“is the basis for Help‘s income generation projects for self-employment through in-kind grants for start-up businesses. Since 2002, Help has supported more than 4400 start-ups in Serbia.
In cooperation with the Commissariat for refugees and migrations of the Republic of Serbia, Help is implementing component on provision of alternative housing solutions. Through improvement of the living conditions of refugees, internally displaced persons and local socially vulnerable citizens, this component aims at the sustainable integration of refugees and internally displaced in Serbia having so far provided nearly 500 housing units.
For the most part this activity is financed by the EU through the Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Serbia.One half of all projects in Serbia have been financed by the German Government. Reference:
- April 2012 – May 2013 – Poverty reduction in the South Serbia
- February 2011 – June 2013 – Supporting access to rights, employment and livelihood enhancement of refugees and IDPs in Serbia
- February 2010 – December 2011 – Entrepreneurship development
- July 2010 – December 2011 – Poverty reduction through local sustainable development in the South Serbia
- February 2010 – June 2011 – Assistance to Refugees and IDPs in Serbia
- November 2010 – March 2011 – Assistance to earthquake victims in Kraljevo
- October 2010 – February 2011 – Poverty reduction through local sustainable development and support to the educational system in Sandzak area
- August 2009 – February 2010 – Support to socially vulnerable households in Sandzak
- April 2009 – March 2010 – Entrepreneurship’ development
- April 2009 – February 2010 – Assistance Programme for IDPs through alternative housing solutions and IGA support
- October 2008 – September 2010 – Support to local sustainable development in the South Serbia
- May 2007 – March 2009 – Housing and Income Generating Support to Refugees and IDPs in Serbia
- February 2008 – February 2009 – Strengthening youth entrepreneurship
- July 2008-December 2008 – Support to local sustainable development in Serbia through business incubation – poverty reduction – 2nd phase
- December 2006 – October 2008 – Assistance Programme for IDPs through Alternative Housing Solutions and Income Generation Support
- February 2008 – June 2008 – Support to local sustainable development in Serbia through business incubation – poverty reduction
- April 2006 – January 2008 – Support to local sustainable development in Serbia through business incubation (phase II in South Serbia – Medvedja, Bujanovac, Presevo, Bosilegrad, Trgoviste)
- Mart 2007- December 2007 – Support to local sustainable development in Serbia through business incubation – continuation
- January 2006 – December 2006 – Poverty reduction through support to start-up businesses and socio-economic integration of refugees and IDPs
- November 2005 – July 2007 – Support for Livelihood Enhancement of Refugees and IDPs in Serbia
- November 2005 – March 2007 – Support to local sustainable development in SCG through business incubation
- December 2004 – December 2005 – Supporting the National Strategy for the Closure of Collective Centres in Serbia
- May 2004 – December 2005 – Poverty reduction through support to start-up businesses and socio-economic integration of refugees and IDPs (3rd phase)
- June 2004 – November 2005 – Integration of the refugees in Aleksinac municipality
- April 2003 – July 2004 – The small grants scheme – self-reliance programme for 60 beneficiaries in Kragujevac (Help Service Centre)
- April 2003 – December 2003 – Self-reliance programme for vulnerable households in Serbia (phase two)
- June 2002 – December 2003 – Self-reliance programme for vulnerable households in Serbia (phase one)
- July – December 2001 – Water and sanitation project