Stabilization of the health situation for migrants/refugees and the local population / Emergency assistance for Syrian refugees in Serbia
Duration:October 2015 – April 2016
Donor: German Government – the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
Additional funds: Private donations received through Germany’s Relief Coalition (Aktion Deutschland Hilft) ADH in the total amount of 179.385,00 EUR
Region: Republic of Serbia, Bujanovac, Kanjiza, Pirot, Presevo, Sid, Sombor and Subotica
The overall objective of the project was to enhance the temporary accommodation capacities and provision of emergency medical assistance to the migrants as well as in the long-term to the local population through reconstruction/renovation of health care facilities, provision of ambulance vehicles and medical equipment in the targeted area.
Within the project, the capacities of six health centres in Serbia have been increased through the infrastructure works, provision of medical equipment and ambulance vehicles. Besides the medical equipment donated within the project to the Health Centres in Kanjiza, Pirot, Presevo, Sid, Sombor and Subotica, the facilities of Centres in Kanjiza, Pirot, Sid, Sombor and Subotica were also rehabilitated. Seven ambulance vehicles fully equipped with the medical gears additionally increased capacities of the centres in Bujanovac, Kanjiza, Pirot, Presevo, Sombor, Subotica and Sid for emergency medical care provision. These activities significantly improved medical care capacities for cca 300,000 people in the targeted communities.
In addition, the overall accommodation capacities for migrants / refuges transiting Serbia have been increased for cca. 400 persons, on a daily basis, through the reconstruction / construction of the two facilities, reception centres – “Principovac” in Sid and “Sikara” in Sombor, thus contributing to the resolving of migration crisis in Serbia. The renovated/constructed temporary accommodation centres for migrants are to be entrusted to the local communities once the need for their initial purpose is ended.
Moreover, Serbian Red Cross has been supported through the project and their capacities for the temporary assistance to migrants, preparation and delivery of food have been enhanced. One professional kitchen have been renovated and equipped for Red Cross in Sombor, while the vehicle for transport of food has been donated to the Red Cross of Sid.
- Seven ambulance vehicles with the medical equipment delivered to Bujanovac, Kanjiza, Pirot, Presevo, Sombor, Subotica and Sid,
- Six health centres reconstructed/adapted and equipped with medical appliances and/or tools in Kanjiza, Pirot, Presevo, Sombor, Subotica, Sid,
- One Red Cross soup kitchen reconstructed/adapted and equipped in Sombor,
- Two temporary migrants/reception centres reconstructed/constructed in Principovac Sid and Sikara Sombor which was also furnished and aimed at the local community benefit in the long-term,
- Thus enabling cca 300,000 local population to benefit from the medical care facilities reconstruction/adaptation and furnishing through improved health care provision,
- At the same time responding to the emergency needs assistance to the migrants in transit through Serbia.
|Location / activities||Ambulance vehicle with equipment||Health centre reconstruction and equipment||Red Cross soup kitchen reconstruction and professional equipment||Temporary reception centre / local community long-term facility / works and equipment|
|Total per activity||175,00000||355,292.26||64,386.05||271,776.82|